sales director grooved technology
Aalberts engineers mission-critical technologies for ground-breaking industries and everyday life. We are where technology matters and real progress can be made. Humanly, environmentally and financially. With over 16,000 employees, Aalberts operates some 70 business locations and 80 service locations with activities in over 50 countries. Our organisational structure of four business segments is covered by some 15 business teams, www.aalberts.com.
your future company
Aalberts integrated piping systems (IPS) develops and manufactures an extensive portfolio of connections, valves, metal and plastic pipes and fixing technology to distribute and control water and gas. To contractors we offer a specified integrated optimised piping design. Our technologies enable the installer to work fast and reliable on a simplified and more efficient way. We do this for new build, renovation, repair and maintenance. The product portfolio is distributed with an excellent service through different channels. For more information you can visit www.aalberts-ips.com.
The Aalberts IPS portfolio includes connection, valve and fixing technology such as Shurjoint & Apollo. Aalberts IPS wants to broaden its grooved (Shurjoint) product portfolio and expertise in innovative mechanical solutions. We achieve this through improved service to the HVAC, plumbing, mining, oil and gas, and industrial markets that creates added value for our customers.
In the design and manufacture of mechanical piping components, Shurjoint is recognized as a world leader. We have developed and currently offer over 3000 individual piping components in sizes from ½” to 96”, for use with a variety of piping materials including carbon steel, stainless steel, ductile iron, PVC, HDPE, CPVC and copper tubing.
We are looking for a real entrepreneurial business developer to expand our business in the Americas. Our ideal candidate is familiar with our business and eco system, and is experienced in either fire, tunnelling, waterworks or mining sectors. You are experienced in working as a lone wolf and are a real “self-starter”. Your work posture implies that you want to achieve goals without being monitored on a daily basis.
Aalberts IPS wants to grow its Shurjoint groove business in the Americas substantially in the next 2-3 years. To achieve this goal you take ownership to develop and execute a business plan that fits with our overall strategy. You conduct research to identify new markets and customers. To excel in this role you should be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality, with a hunger to chase and close new business. Your technical skills to pitch our system and to build and maintain a good working relationship with existing and new customers are excellent.
In this role, you will work together with both sales colleagues in USA and the product management, sales operations and factory team in Taiwan. You will report to the CEO of Aalberts IPS Shurjoint.
- Executing Aalberts IPS Shurjoint growth strategies and plans in North America
- Delivering sales results through adding true value to distributors and contractors
- Expanding “share of wallet” with existing clients, increasing client base
- Having an in-depth knowledge of grooved products and value proposition
- Writing business proposals & negotiating with stakeholders
- Following industry trends locally and internationally
- Well experienced in business development
- Good understanding of the construction and grooved market in USA with over 5 years’ experience
- Familiar with Shurjoint grooved products and application
- Eager, focused and result driven
- Self-starter & able to work as a lone wolf
- Commercial skills combined with a technical background
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willing to travel within the USA and to Asia on a regular basis