Business Development Director
who we are
Aalberts integrated piping systems engineers the most advanced integrated piping systems for the distribution and control of liquids and gases for key verticals. We are an international organisation, with energetic employees that are persistent to offer the best integrated piping system. The Aalberts way, winning with people. www.aalberts-ips.com
As part of an integrated piping system for heating or cooling designed by us, our products contribute to energy savings and therefore to a more sustainable future. That is how we make sustainable impact.
Aalberts IPS is present in the Americas, EMEA and APAC. Together these regions drive a global strategy with local adaptation, entrepreneurship and P&L responsibility. Our global organisation has a lean structure with approx. 12 colleagues, consisting of the following key functions: general management, operations management, finance & control, business development, digitalisation, legal, sustainability, HRD and marketing & communication.
To accelerate our business development activities, to fully exploit the various synergies between the regions and to achieve our strategic objectives, we are looking for a business development director which can drive various (sales) projects together with Aalberts IPS’ CEO. You bring together business development, innovations and implementation thereof in order to achieve our strategic objectives.
your key responsibilities
- driving Aalberts IPS’ winning complete product portfolio pitch in the different regions
- accelerating the implementation of Aalberts IPS’ global innovation roadmap, supported by additional roadmaps for regional applications and increasing our innovation rate
- accelerating the launch of (new) product lines within and across different regions
- optimising the product portfolio to improve our market position and profitability
- supporting the preparation of business plans and start-up of newly introduced product lines
- implementing a quarterly communication and evaluation structure to discuss and improve Aalberts IPS’ business development projects
- gather, maintain and ensure availability of relevant information about our product lines and their markets at all times.
- conducting research to identify new business opportunities to grow our business
- follow up with industry trends locally and internationally
The BD director will report directly to the CEO of Aalberts IPS and work closely with the regional business teams.
Besides being attracted to the Aalberts story and our values, we ask the following requirements:
- education in business administration or business economics
- business controlling and/or business development experience of at least 7 years
- developed business acumen, ability to understand business interests and to anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings
- strong in stakeholder management
- excellent communication and presentation skills
- strong analytical capabilities, supported by a strong set of soft skills
- structured way of working, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- practical and proactive problem solver: confident, mature, calm under pressure, with a positive attitude
- fluent in English
this is what we offer you
- being part of a winning team in a diverse and responsible position
- operate in a challenging international and entrepreneurial environment
- flat organisational structure with short lines of communication
- possibility to develop your personal and professional competencies (both hard and soft skills) with many career growth opportunities
- attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package